Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Catch a Wave and You're Sitting on Top of the World

 This manicure is to this day probably one of my favourite things I have ever put on my nails.  My best friend took me to the Beach Boys 50th Anniversary tour when it came to my area and I had to do special nails for the event.
 I decided to do a beach theme with sand, waves and a surf board.  What would a Beach Boy's manicure be without their board?
 I couldn't stop taking pictures of these nails.  They made me so incredibly happy.  Every time I looked at my hands I smiled.  Honestly, I think I was shocked that I was able to produce something like this.
 On my right hand I left off the surf boards, and also the top coat, so you could see the awesome texture of the sponged waves.
I really loved how the waves turned out, even though the blue had a hidden shimmer in it, it wasn't too overpowering for the manicure.
I really need to work on my nail art more.  I enjoy the results, but it takes so much time.  And honestly, since I work with my hands, it only lasts a day.  If I have a few days off in a row I can do something fancy, but for daily wear it's just not practical.
The base was China Glaze Fast Track, with sponging of Color Craze White and Confetti Blue Bombshell.  The surf boards were done with OPI Big Apple Red and Need Sunglasses? along with the CC White.
I took this one before I cleaned up my edges or painted the surfboards.  Just so I would have an in progress picure to show off.  I'm probably more proud of this than I should be, but it was definitely a feat for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment