Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Blue Apples on the Fourth of July

For Independance Day this year I decided to keep my nails pretty simple, since I will be at work anyway.  I did a french manicure with a base of L.A. Colors Color Craze Blue and accent nails of OPI Big Apple Red.  My right hand is flipped with the accents being the Blue, but the tips are quite wonky so you won't be seeing it today.
I used Color Craze White for the tips, but I didn't wait long enough for the base polish to dry, so I needed two coats.  The first coat was cool with it's red and blue swirls, but not exactly the look I was going for.  Since I had that little set back my tips are a tad bit thick, but that's fine since I don't really intend on wearing this more than just one day.

I tried to get a shot of this outside in the sun, but it was already too late in the day so instead it's more like an overcast lighting.  Still, I like the combination, and it was quick and easy (yet still festive) for July 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment