Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Nothing Else Metals, Essie?

I have another lilac foil for you to see!  This time it's Essie Nothing Else Metals from their new metallic collection.  I have to say, this time I am incredibly disappointed.  Of all of the foils I have worn, this was one of the worst.  Application was patchy and had a ton of drag.  The foil was not even, after shaking the bottle multiple times between coats I could not get the particles to disperse evenly.  This created some dark spots in the mani where there was no metallic foil to offset the purple base.  I tend to think I am pretty good at applying foil polishes, since they are my favourite, and I couldn't get this one to behave for the life of me.
Sadly, this color was close to the one I am looking for, just a tad bit lighter.  But with application as it was, I can't see it replacing my HG purple foil just yet.  Usually I like Essie polish, and it upsets me that this is the first time I have put it on the blog.  There are a lot of gorgeous Essies out there, just this is not one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment