Saturday, May 5, 2012

I gave my Concubine some Sugar

 For this manicure I wore a coat of MAC Concubine with a layer of Orly Sugar on top.  You can only really see Sugar in the right light, but it added a lot of dimension to the MAC polish.
 I was pretty disappointed with Concubine on its own, the beautiful raspberry shimmer in the bottle didn't translate to the nail nearly as well.  I decided to add a little help from one of my favourite subtle shimmers.
Inside with the flash you can see a lot of the glitter from Sugar.  I probably used two coats to even get that much reflection, but it was definitely worth it.  The polish is so thin that you can layer it over and over to get the amount of glimmer you want.  It's definitely worth picking up to spice up polishes that need a little extra oomph.

No comments:

Post a Comment